Tuesday, June 20, 2006

So tired......


I just been snoozin since the Catolympics! I been worn out from mine party & practicin & competing. And on a sleeping note, Momma says this poem sounds just like me......
Stolen from Kat's bloggie!!

A Cat's Prayer
Now I lay me down to sleep,
The king-size bed is soft and deep...
I sleep right in the center groove
My human can hardly move!
I've trapped her legs, she's tucked in tight
And here is where I pass the night
No one disturbs me or dares intrude
Till morning comes and "I want food!"
I sneak up slowly to begin
My nibbles on my human's chin.
She wakes up quickly, I have sharp teeth -
And my claws I will unsheath
For the morning's here and it's time to play
I always seem to get my way.
So thank you Lord for giving me
This human person that I see.
The one who hugs me and holds me tight
And sacrifices her bed at night.
Author Unknown

12 comments:

danielle said...

You know Oreo, you deserve to get all the rest you need. You have been very busy for a kitty. As a person I think I would need about a full week to catch up on my rest. So you have earned it. Don't let anyone tell you different.

Pink Chihuahua Princess said...

Oreo, this is such a sweet poem. The same could be true for us puppies as well. In fact, right now we even have a little bit of claws because we need to go get our mani and pedi (our nails cut).

Gemini said...

We are furry tired too after the long weekend. I like your poem.

Anonymous said...

Wake up, dude! It's time to play! No rest for kitties...well, ok, maybe a little cat nap for you and me!

--Manny

Shaggy and Scout said...

You should be hthe most tired of all! First your birthday and all the fun stuff there and then the'lympics and all that action! You owe yourself some naps!

utenzi said...

Oh, Oreo. What a pussy. :-)

Hot(M)BC said...

Napping is gooooooooooooood :) Specially with a bean to sleep on :)

~~ Sanjee, Boni, Mini, Gree & Pepi

Tommy and Teaghan said...

We loves that poem!!!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Oreo

You have to catch up on your cat naps!!

*ABBY

Anonymous said...

A wonderful prayer. It certainly was composed by someone who knows cats habits very well.

Have you seen the new reality show called Meow Mix House? It was featured a few days ago on NBC's Good Morning America. Made me think of you right away.

Big Piney Woods Cats said...

That poem is very fitting of me too!

Patches Lady

The Fluffy Tribe said...

That poem is so true ~Merlin, Shadow, Ko Ko